Fort Wainwright, AK Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) is provided by the military to help active service members with housing costs, and can be used for either on- or off-post housing.
The Housing Services Office (HSO) will be your first point of contact when you receive moving orders, and provides services that will help you with referrals, relocation assistance, guidance for entering a lease agreement and tenant-landlord disputes.
- Fort Wainwright HSO can be reached at (907) 353-1190/1660/1666.
On Post Housing
- Single Soldiers with a pay grade between E1-E6 must be bonafide bachelors and not geo-bachelors for Single Service Member Housing. Contact the HSO or Personnel Center at (907) 353-2273 at least 60 days prior to your arrival for the best accomodation results.
- On-post housing at Fort Wainwright is privatized. To check available housing for your family size and pay grade, contact North Haven Communities (907) 356-7000. They offer 2-5 bedroom homes with varying amenities, such as: paid utilities, heated garage, washer & dryer and fenced backyard. The community offers playgrounds, walking/biking trails, dog park, theater and more.
Off Post Housing
Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the area.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Homes for Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations